Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Polish Days - The Number 5

Though my designs are far from perfection, I am very proud of my accomplishments! So I decided to dive on in to Polish Days! This month the theme is the number 5.

I have been in love with "The Great Gatsby" since High School English class. I have been in Love with Leonardo DiCaprio since Titanic. (side note, he is only 4 days older than me!) I was planning to do a Gatsby themed nail art for the US opening on May 10 and as I was planning it, and thinking of the number 5 I realized Gatsby and Daisy had been apart for 5 years! Good enough for me! 2 birds, one stone! SO I give you, "The Green Light" and the nouveau art deco of 1922.



 1.I always start with OPi Nail Envy.
2. 3 coats of Sally Hansen Pro "Gilty Pleasure" except ring finger, that is 2 coats of Revlon "Reality Star".
3. A coat of Seche Vite 
4. I used taping for all of the black designs using Wet n' Wild  "Black Creme"
5. I placed the 'jewels' then another coat of SV
6. The green starburst was prepped ahead of time by pooling Cover Girl nailslicks "Go Go Green" onto a ziplock baggy and letting it dry overnight. Then I pulled the polish off the plastic and used a starburst shaped hole punch to make the design and placed it on my nail, followed by the 'jewel', followed by another coat of SV. (I wish I had had a green 'jewel', but this works)








5 comments: