Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Traditional French OCD

I have been trying to do my own 'Traditional French Manicure' for years but found that I could never get it perfect enough for myself. *eye roll* I finally got it just right this weekend! YAY! Using scotch tape and being OK with the straight line instead of a crescent curve. 

However, I couldn't just leave well enough alone, of course. So, I did an accent nail. 

Unfortunately, I kept going, layering color, then SV, then color, then SV. I think I ended up with 9 coats of polish on most nails and the coats of SV kept shrinking the mani further and further away from the tip, completely exposing them! AHHHHH! 

Yesterday I peeled off most of the middle finger, redid it, found it wanting, and redid it again. Finally, I thought I should take a picture before I broke down and ended my suffering, and annihilating another attempt at the perfect french. *sigh*



The run down...
1. 2 coats of OPI Nail Envy
2. Sally Hansen Complete - Sheer Me Now x3 coats
3. SV
4. Taped off with Savina - French White tips
5. SV
6. Another coat of Sally Hansen Complete - Sheer Me Now
7. SV

Hmmmm... I guess that makes 10 coats!

Accent layered on top of all that, taped off with Maybelline Color Show - Mint Mist and Pool Side.

BTW, my nails are bare now, with just 2 coats of OPI Nail Envy and my dream of the perfect french is still shimmering in the mist...


No comments:

Post a Comment